Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is easy and is low in fat.
- 250 g rice stick noodles
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 500 g peeled green prawns
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- 60 ml hoisin sauce (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml sweet chili sauce (1/4 cup)
- 29.58 ml rice wine, vinegar
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Set aside for 5 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until prawns curl and change colour.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the capsicum, onion, asparagus and ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until the onion softens slightly.
- Whisk together the hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, vinegar and sugar in a jug.
- Add the noodles, prawns and hoisin sauce mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 1/2 mins or until heated through.
- Divide among serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with shallot to serve.