this is easy and is low in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 g peeled green prawns
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 60 ml hoisin sauce (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml sweet chili sauce (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine, vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl.
- 2Cover with boiling water.
- 3Set aside for 5 mins or until just tender.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking.
- 6Add the prawns and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until prawns curl and change colour.
- 7Transfer to a plate.
- 8Add the capsicum, onion, asparagus and ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until the onion softens slightly.
- 9Whisk together the hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, vinegar and sugar in a jug.
- 10Add the noodles, prawns and hoisin sauce mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 1/2 mins or until heated through.
- 11Divide among serving bowls.
- 12Sprinkle with shallot to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn & Asparagus Noodle Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.4 mg
- Sodium 1003.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce