Recipe by Sonya01
something different with corn.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
These did not suit our taste buds. So I don't feel I can honestly rate this recipe. It just wouldn't be fair in my opinion, cuz someone else may think they are delicious! We all have different likes and dislikes. But I truly appreciate you sharing this recipe with me! Jelly
- 8 -10 medium uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long red chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 150 g creme fraiche or 150 g sour cream
- smoked salmon, to serve
- 1 lime, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop prawns and place in a bowl. Add spring onions, chilli and coriander; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sift flours into a separate bowl. Add 150ml cold water and eggs and whisk until smooth. Stir in prawn mixture and corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper. The mixture should be the consistency of thick cream.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with oil and preheat over moderate heat for 2-3 minutes. Ladle spoonfuls of batter into pan – enough to form a pancake about 7.5cm in diameter. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until underside is golden. Using a spatula, flip pancake and cook for a further minute or so before turning out. Repeat with remaining batter. You may need to adjust the heat as you cook the batter – reduce it after the first few batches. Keep pancakes warm in the oven on a low heat, covered with a cloth until all batter is cooked.
- Serve warm with sour cream, smoked salmon and a lime wedge.