Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Good friends of ours prepared these delicious kebabs for us and were nice enough to give me the recipe. My first experience with wasabi and I liked it.
Top Review by Peter J
Yum! I also thought as a marinade it was great but as a dipping sauce the consistency was a little thin. I tasted before serving and mixed through about a teaspoon of flour and about a tablespoon of sour cream to help give it a bit more substance.
- 12 large scallops
- 12 large prawns, shelled and deveined
Wasabi Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the Wasabi Dipping Sauce: mix together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Alternate the scallops and prawns on skewers.
- Brush the scallops and prawns generously with the wasabi dipping sauce.
- Grill over high heat for 2 minutes; turn skewers, brush with sauce and grill for 2-3 more minutes or until shrimp are pink and scallops are firm.
- Be careful to not overcook.
- Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.