1/3 Photos of Prawn and Rice Fritters
Here's another recipe from the *Best Seafood Recipes* cookbook of the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series. I esp like multi-purpose recipes & this 1 got my attention for its versatility ... perfect for a brunch item, luncheon entree & starter course when served warm w/my Shrimp Butter ... or at rm temp on a finger-food appy nite! Time does not include time to cook & cool the rice & prawns. *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare rice & prawns per notes on ingredient list & set aside.
- 2Sift flour into med bowl, add rice & toss to mix slightly. Add egg, milk, shallots + prawns & stir to combine.
- 3Heat oil in a lrg frying pan, drop by heaped tablespoons into oil & use a use a soup spoon (or an equivalent) dipped in the oil to flatten the fritters.
- 4Cook on both sides till golden brown & drain on absorbent paper. Repeat till all fritters are cooked & add more oil as necessary during cooking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn and Rice Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 494.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g