Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found a few recipes when visiting mum that I wanted to try so I am posting here for safe keeping. This sounded really good
- 16 king prawns (large and green)
- 4 (1200 g) kingfish fillets
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml peanut oil
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- 414.03 ml long-grain white rice
- 395.10 ml coconut cream
- 532.32 ml water
- 78.07 ml flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Shell and devein prawns leaving tails in tact. Cut each fillet into six pieces. Thread alternate pieces of fish and prawns on Skewers, either metal or soaked wooden ones.
- Combine spices, oil, sauce and juice in a small bowl; brush over fish and prawns. Cook skewers on heated oiled grill plate, or grill, or BBQ until browned all over and cooked as desired,.
- Serve with coconut rice.
- To Make the Rice.
- Combine rice, coconut cream and water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 20 min's or until liquid is absorbed and rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile heat a small frying pan, add flaked coconut and cook over a low heat until browned lightly.
- Stir toasted coconut and coriander into cooked rice.