Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found a few recipes when visiting mum that I wanted to try so I am posting here for safe keeping. This sounded really good
- 16 king prawns (large and green)
- 4 (300 g) kingfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut cream
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Shell and devein prawns leaving tails in tact. Cut each fillet into six pieces. Thread alternate pieces of fish and prawns on Skewers, either metal or soaked wooden ones.
- Combine spices, oil, sauce and juice in a small bowl; brush over fish and prawns. Cook skewers on heated oiled grill plate, or grill, or BBQ until browned all over and cooked as desired,.
- Serve with coconut rice.
- To Make the Rice.
- Combine rice, coconut cream and water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 20 min's or until liquid is absorbed and rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile heat a small frying pan, add flaked coconut and cook over a low heat until browned lightly.
- Stir toasted coconut and coriander into cooked rice.