Recipe by Sonya01
put in for green, eggs & ham tag game
Top Review by Sheynath
Very tasty. The fritters taste reminiscent of Chinese green onin pancakes, but with way less work. I had to substitute gfluten-free flour and my batter ended up too thin. I will make this again and try for a thicker batter next time. Thanks for posting this tasty treat!
- 1 1⁄3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 600 g medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- extra light olive oil, for shallow frying
- 2 avocados, peeled, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Lightly whisk milk and eggs in a jug with a fork until combined. Pour into flour mixture. Stir gently until smooth.
- Add prawns and onions to flour mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour enough oil into a large non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat. Add tablespoonfuls of prawn mixture, 6 at a time. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining prawn mixture.
- Combine avocado, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Top fritters with avocado mixture. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.