Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
put in for green, eggs & ham tag game
- 1 1⁄3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 600 g medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- extra light olive oil, for shallow frying
- 2 avocados, peeled, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped chives
- Combine flour, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Lightly whisk milk and eggs in a jug with a fork until combined. Pour into flour mixture. Stir gently until smooth.
- Add prawns and onions to flour mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour enough oil into a large non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat. Add tablespoonfuls of prawn mixture, 6 at a time. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining prawn mixture.
- Combine avocado, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Top fritters with avocado mixture. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
Very tasty. The fritters taste reminiscent of Chinese green onin pancakes, but with way less work. I had to substitute gfluten-free flour and my batter ended up too thin. I will make this again and try for a thicker batter next time. Thanks for posting this tasty treat!