Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Melt in your mouth, if you're a lover of prawns and avocado this recipe will appeal to you. Beware you will need to make double the amount of fritters as everyone loves them, they will be asking for more. A recipe by Janelle Bloom
- 1 1⁄3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 600 g medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- extra light olive oil, for shallow frying
- 2 avocados, peeled, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chives, finely chopped
- Combine flour, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Lightly whisk milk and eggs in a jug with a fork until combined. Pour into flour mixture. Stir gently until smooth.
- Add prawns and onions to flour mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour enough oil into a large non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat. Add tablespoonfuls of prawn mixture, 6 at a time. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining prawn mixture.
- Combine avocado, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Top fritters with avocado mixture. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
This is a fantastic recipe. I cut down the serving size for 2 people and these tasted wonderful. They were easy to prepare and looked good as well. I will be making these again - probably when I am expecting guests - as these will impress. They are surprisingly filling - but thats not necessarily a bad thing.
Thanks for posting.