Recipe by Jewelies
Posting for Chef #29196
Top Review by Rinshinomori
This makes excellent appetizer or entree. Although not Japanese, the taste is very familiar to me from some of the Japanese dishes and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I used Japanese style spicy sesame sauce with soy sauce for the sauce and it went really well together. I like to make this next time with mild white fish such as cod or halibut. Thank you Jewelies for posting this yummy recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 500 g raw prawns
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the breadcrumbs in coconut milk.
- Pulse the prawn meat in a food processor with the ginger, coriander leaves, egg and fish sauce.
- Add the soaked breadcrumbs and pulse until just blended. Do not overwork the mixture.
- Heat the oil to 180C and drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture into the oil.
- Turn and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and serve with sweet chilli sauce.