Recipe by JoyfulCook
A wonderfully tasty Seafood Soup, Great with a crusty bread roll or for a dinner party. From The Australian Womans Weekly Dinner Party No.2 Cookbook Can be 90% prepared the day before
Top Review by mummamills
made this, but we didnt like it. The tomato flavour was overpowering, and the texture a little lumpy. Obviously just not to our taste. Wont rate this, as its a good easy recipe, and 2 stars would make people think it tasted awful! which is not the case.
- 150 g prawns, raw
- 170 g crabmeat, tinned, drained
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 carrot, diced small
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 400 g crushed tomatoes, tinned
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell prawns, removing the vein - and chop up into small pieces.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add the onion, celery and carrots, cook for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, water, rice and the undrained mashed tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer slowly for 45 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from heat and cool. blend in several lots in blender and return to saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper, bring back to the boil adding the flaked crabmeat and the chopped prawns and the cream.
- Heat gently stirring for 5 minutes.
- N.B this You can make this soup the day before UP TO when it has been blended. Keep in the fridge, then just before you need it you bring it to the boil and continue the recipe.