This is a Nigella Lawson recipe from her summer collection. However, I had to share it with you. It is really a wonderfully tasty dish especially for those hot summer days. Here is Australia this recipe is a regular on our Christmas Day menu. The colours in the dish are stunning. Preparation time includes peeling the green (raw) prawns/shrimp and the cooling time for the prawns and the cooked black rice.
My Private Note
as a st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 fresh thai birds eye chiles or 2 other red chilies, finely sliced
- 4 cm ginger, approx finely minced (I just chopped the heck out of it)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
For the Salad
- 2To make the dressing sauce, simply mix all the ingredients together.
- 3Black Rice:.
- 4Cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- 5Usually 25-30 minutes.
- 7Poach the prawns for 5 minutes in some simmering salted water to which you have added the juice of half a lemon.
- 8Cook the prawns until they are JUST cooked through but still very tender.
- 9Let both the rice and the prawns cool.
- 10Then give the dressing sauce a quick stir and spoon some over the rice, fork this through.
- 11Then tumble the prawns on top, spooning a little the remainder of the sauce over.
- 12Serves 2 as a main dish and 4 as a starter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn and Black Rice Salad With Vietnamese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (1055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 2124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: