Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Traditional pratie oaten are little potato-oat pancakes served at breakfast. (Pratie is the Irish word for potato.) This recipe takes the dough, adds flour, and rolls it out thin to make crisp crackers. Good with cheese, lemon curd or jam. Adapted from 300 Best Potato Recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove 1 tablespoon of rolled oats and set aside.
- Combine potatoes, flour, remaining oats, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand until a soft dough forms.
- Mix in butter.
- Scatter reserved oats over a dry work surface.
- Roll dough out as thinly as possible--no more than 1/4".
- Cut out with lightly floured cutter, or slice into squares.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. If browning too quickly, cover with a sheet of foil or parchment paper.
- Let cool 15 minutes in pan.
- Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
ive been wanting to make my own crackers for awhile the recipe is awesome and they turned out ok more the fault of baker i think next time will be better i didnt get them thin enough . but they tasted great kinda like rye crisp ish i liked them going to do again zaar world tour 8 dog gone stars dog gone stars