Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious accompaniment for any curry dishes.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chicken breast, boiled, deboned and flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant garlic
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small green capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 2 teaspoons celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup brown flour
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup water
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- Sauté onion in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients for the stuffing and let simmer for 5 minutes, until well mixed and dry.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool (always use cold stuffing).
- Meanwhile prepare dough -- sift flour into a bowl.
- Add enough water a little at a time, to make a fairly stiff dough.
- Set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Knead until smooth and satiny.
- Divide dough into 6-8 equal parts.
- Roll out each piece into a 3 inch circle.
- Place filling in centre of one piece -- cover with another piece.
- Press and seal edges to prevent filling from coming out.
- Roll out again very gently on a floured board into a 6 inch circle.
- Bake on a preheated griddle for a minute.
- Spread butter on both sides of the Pratha.
- Turn over--fry both sides till crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with any curry, yoghurt or buttermilk.
- Different stuffing can be used, i.e. boiled mashed peas, boiled mashed potatoes, thinly chopped cabbage, cauliflower, or boiled/fried mince meat.