Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
What can I say, but NUM!!
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 soda crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart praline ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks, gradually adding sugars.
- Fold in crackers, baking powder, vanilla and pecans.
- Spread on sides and bottom of a 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Meringue will crack when removed from oven.
- When completely cooled, fill with ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 10.