Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful no-bake cheese cake that always gets raves! A lovely chocolate and white marble-topped cheesecake with a layer of praline. I decorate the top of it with pecans and some of the praline mixture. My sister runs a catering business and she liked this so much it is now one of her best sellers.
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- pecan halves (to garnish)
- Crust: Combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press firmly onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of an 8 1/2" springform pan.
- Cheesecake: For praline mixture,combine pecans, brown sugar and melted butter, mixing well.
- Set aside.
- (I pop it into the fridge to firm it up enough to crumble easily) Beat cream cheese until smooth; blend in sugar.
- Sprinkle gelatine on top of cold water in a saucepan.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir mixture over low heat until gelatine is dissolved.
- Blend warm gelatine into cheese mixture.
- Gradually fold cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- fold chocolate into 2 cups of cheese mixture.
- Spread all but 1/2 cup of plain cheese mixture into crust.
- Sprinkle praline mixture evenly over plain cheese mixture.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over praline layer.
- Spoon remaining plain cream cheese mixture over chocolate mixture and swirl wit a knife to marble.
- Garnish with pecan halves if desired.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving.