Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another recipe from the internet in response to discussion forum request
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, water and light corn syrup.
- Using a candy thermometer, and without stirring, cook over medium heat to the'soft-ball stage,' or 234°F*.
- Cool to 200°F without stirring.
- Stir in pecans and return to heat, stirring until thickened.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and cool until firm.
- *'Soft-ball'describes the point at which a drop of boiling syrup immersed in cold water, when removed, forms a soft ball that flattens of its own accord but does not ooze.
- On a candy thermometer, the soft-ball stage is between 234° and 240°F.
This can make anyone drool! This is sooo delish! I loved it! I had just a little, but it was really addictive! My dad really enjoyed this. Thanks to dear Uncle Miller who sent me awesome pecans, I made this tonight!! What a great recipe!