Recipe by MrsNestleroad
Crunchy, sweet, and nutty!
Top Review by steph-a-nie
Easy peasy to make and very yummy! Taste very authentic...just like they were from New Orleans. I made 1 batch and a week later I had to make a double batch---they were that good. I did add 1 tsp of vanilla and the first batch I made with chopped pecans (which I preferred to the whole pecans in the 2nd batches). Also, I couldn't let mine cool to the temp suggested because they would have been too stiff to pour/spoon. Otherwise, very yummy!! (I am posting a pix so that you can see my final result. Thanks for sharing this one!!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan combine the first four ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking and stirring until mixture registers 236 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm (110 degrees F).
- Beat until mixture thickens and loses its glossy appearance.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop candy in patties by spoonful onto buttered cookie sheet.