Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pour half the butter into 12-cup tube pan or two loaf pans, and swirl around bottom and up sides. Press brown sugar into bottom, then press pecans into sugar.
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
- Mix noodles with eggs, remaining melted butter, cinnamon, granulated sugar and salt. Spoon into prepared mold.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours or until top is brown. Let stand 15 minutes before unmolding. Top will become slightly hard, like a praline.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.