Recipe by Chris R.
This recipe was on the back of a can of yams. My daughter introduced me to this recipe. It has become a staple of our Thanksgiving dinners.
Top Review by CoolMonday
The only problem with this recipe was that when anyone tried it, they wanted to eat it all... It was the hit of thanksgiving dinner. There were so many mmmmmmmmmssssssss.. we couldn't carry on a conversation... it was easy to make.. I used 3 cans of yams and the sauce covered it. only used the juice from one can. The kids were upset because there weren't any marshmellos so i put a few on one end for them lol
- 1 can yam, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the brown sugar, butter, and flour together until smooth.
- Slowly add the yam juice, continuing to blend.
- Add the coconut and chopped pecans.
- Place yams into a 9"x7" casserole dish.
- Put topping over the yams.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.