Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
The "candied" crust over the yams adds a wonderful texture to the rather soft canned yams. This is easy and flavorful...you can't go wrong!
- 29 ounces cut yams in syrup, drained
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped (I often use walnuts instead)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place drained yams in ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, blend well.
- Sprinkle over yams. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.