Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Two to three sweet potatoes should equal 2 pounds.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes; cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until golden. Turn potato slices over. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove potatoes from skillet. Add apples; cook 5 minutes on each side or until tender and golden.
- Return potatoes to skillet. Add sugars, pecans, cinnamon, and salt, tossing to coat. Add 2 tablespoons water, stirring to loosen browned particles. Cook 5 minutes or until potatoes and apples are glazed and tender.
This was very simple and good. The kids all loved it. I will definately make again.