Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the www.allrecipes.com website and has gotten very high reviews. SUBMITTED BY: MKENNON "The best sweet potatoes you will ever eat!"
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- Butter one 2 quart casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and cream. Blend well, and spread evenly in casserole dish.
- Prepare the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans. Mix until crumbly, and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
Perfect. Used baked sweet potatoes. I doubled the recipe but reserved some streusel as it would have been too thick for our serving container. It was delish.
The "only" way to make a sweet potato casserole!