Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a delicious praline topping that is great served warm over ice cream.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in evaporated milk, pecans, and vanilla.
- Serve topping warm over ice cream.
- (Store leftover topping in refrigerator. It will thicken as it cools).
Freakin' fantastic! That's what my kids said...This recipe is a winner: it's sweet, crunchy, salty (I added a healthy 'dash' as we all love salted caramel here!) and just great. Served on plain ol' vanilla.
Very nicetopping. Used it on some vanilla ice cream for the 4 of us. Definately will use this on other flavors too. Made for your win in Football Pool.
We really ohhh-ed and ahhhh-ed over this....decadent is a great descriptive for the sauce. I had a little trouble, but I'm sure it was 'operator error'. ;-) When adding the milk, I had a devil of a time mixing everything together into a cohesive sauce. I put the saute pan back on the cooktop, on low, and stirred until it all combined. The flavor was out of this world. And praline is right; when drizzling this over cold ice cream, some of it hardens into an almost crunchy praline. :) Thanks for sharing, Bayhill! I can't wait to share with my friends...I know they'll be impressed.