Recipe by TMoney
My picky 8 yr old's favorite side dish. So incredibly easy to make. Posting for my recipe book but hope you add to yours too!
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1⁄4 cup shopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash and remove seeds and stringy stuff.
- place cut side down on microwave safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 15-17 minutes.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Turn squash over and gently mash the guts leaving the shells intact.
- Dot each half with real butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes more or until brown sugar is melted.