Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Top ice cream and fresh fruit with a versatile sweet dessert sauce but also use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles in the morning. This sauce is very rich but is so delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- pecan halves, garnish
- Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl: set aside.
- Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan and when sizzling; add chopped pecans.
- Cook over medium heat, until pecans are toasted 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk, syrup and brown sugar mixture.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and rum.
- Garnish with extra pecans now, if desired.