Recipe by Jellyqueen
These delectable little treats are great as an after school snack or just on a rainy day!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and shortening for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, baking powder, soda and salt; beat until combined.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and stir until dough forms.
- Stir in pecans and divide dough in half.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 48 hours.
- Cut dough 1/4-inch slices and place 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.