Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yes....yet another praline pumpkin pie recipe. This one is my family's favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 15 min, reduce temperature to 350ºF and bake an additional 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar and butter; mix well.
- Sprinkle on top of the pie and bake 30 min longer or until center is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.