1 hr 30 mins
Something really yummy from Cooking Light. This is well worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup flour and ice water; stir with a whisk until well-blended.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Combine 3/4 cup flour, granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Add ice-water mixture; mix with a fork until flour mixture is moist.
- 6Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap.
- 7Roll dough, still covered, into an 11-inch circle; chill 10 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.
- 8Remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap.
- 9Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray; remove top sheet of plastic wrap.
- 10Fold edges of dough under; flute.
- 11Pierce bottom and sides with a fork.
- 12Place a 10-inch square of foil over dough.
- 13Place pie weights evenly over foil.
- 14Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- 15Remove foil and pie weights.
- 16Combine pumpkin and next 12 ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- 17Pour into crust.
- 18Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes; shield edges of crust with foil after 30 minutes.
- 19Combine nuts, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- 20Sprinkle over pie; bake an additional 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- 21Cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline-Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 263.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g