Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know that pumpkin pie is for the holidays; however for a change, try this. Extra easy and super good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 ounce) package golden vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- whipped cream, if desired
- additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease bottom and sides of 13x9 baking dish, with shortening.
- Beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top of dessert.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- To serve, cut dessert into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- Serve warm or chilled with dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Very tasty and loved by all. I will be keeping this recipe handy. Made as my "P" choice for December 09 Lets P-A-R-T-Y game!
Drizzle each serving with carmel sauce & a scoop of ice cream. A family favorite at my house!
I have been making something very close to this recipe for many, many year! My mom started making this when I was a llittle girl. And I love it. I look forward to this cake every Fall. I would much rather have this then pumpkin pie. (Don't tell anyone, but I can almost eat the whole thing by myself. Over several days of course.) I use just a yellow cake mix on mine. Don't forget the ice cream or the whipped cream!!!