Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pumpkin, spices and a wonderful streusel topping make these Texas-size muffins extra special. If you don't have the jumbo size muffin cups, use the standard size muffins tins. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups, bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. This will make 12 standard muffins or 6 jumbo muffins.
- 1 box date bread mix (If desired, substitute with nut quick bread mix and omit the pecans and decrease baking time by 5 mi)
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 6 jumbo muffin cups or line with jumbo size paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl combine all muffin ingredients.
- Stir by hand 50 to 75 strokes or until dry particles are moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, remove from pan cool completely on wire rack, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, store in refrigerator.