Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe years ago.
Make and share this Praline Pumpkin Date Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 9x5x3 or 8 1/2x 4 1/2x 2 1/2 inches.
- Make Praline topping by mixing all ingredients until crumbly and set aside.
- Mix sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs and pumpkin in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except dates.
- Stir in dates.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.