Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This sounds very good.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- whipped topping
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in a bowl, mix and set aside. Combine 1 1/4 cups flour with the granulated sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt in a bowl, make well in the center.
- Combine milk, margarine, and vanilla and add to flour mixture, stir until moist. Spread batter into an 8 inch square baking pan, sprinkle top with brown sugar mixture. Pour boiling water over batter, do not stir.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Serve warm with whipped cream topping.
- Garnish with pecans if desired.
- I made this cake this past weekend, it is not too heavy as I got it from Cooking Light Magazine.
This was very nice. Thanks for posting.