Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this pie, which I found on the back of the package for a Nilla Wafer Crust, for the guys at my husband's work. My husband talked about how good it was for days!
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipped cream (or cool-whip)
- 1 vanilla cookie pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Brush the pie crust with the egg white.
- Put the pecans on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Put the crust and the pecans in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- (Or you can toast the pecans separately. I just found it faster to do it this way.) Melt the butter.
- Using a mixer on medium blend the melted butter, the brown sugar, the flour and the baking powder until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecans.
- This will be very thick.
- Put it into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set in the center.
- Cool it completely.
- Put the whipped cream on top as garnish.
- Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
this was very easy to put together and tasted great. definitely serve with whipped cream, this is very rich.
Oh Yeah!!! This pie is great...very rich...but worth every calorie!!!!
This was SO delicious!, but very rich... it taste similar to a butter tart without the crust. We loved it, and I will be making this again. Thanks so much ladypit for posting, yummmmmmm...Kittencal:)