Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a different twist on ordinary pecan pie. Quick and easy and so good with a cold glass of milk!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Cool Whip Topping, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prebake pie crust for 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, with electric mixer on low speed,beat brown sugar and margarine until blended.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup pecans.
- Spread in prebaked crust.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown and filling is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Garnish with Cool Whip.