Top Review by michelles3boys
My sister made a sweet cereal snack mix to bring to my Christmas Eve party this year. I remember her saying that her recipe used Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal, so I decided to see if I could find the recipe here. I believe this is the same recipe. I made the recipe as stated, except I halved all of the ingredients as I didn't want 10 cups. I think my sister's turned out a tad sweeter. I'm thinking about adding a touch of honey next time I make it.
- 1892.72 ml Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal
- 473.18 ml pecan pieces
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml margarine (1/2 stick) or 59.14 ml butter (1/2 stick)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250 F.
- Combine cereal and pecans in 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large microwaveable bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar and margarine. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda and pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet to cool; break into pieces.