Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Crunchy sweet version of the cereal mixes.
- 1 (16 ounce) box Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal, hint brown sugar, 8 cups (or cinnamon, variety)
- 2 cups pecan halves, & pieces
- 1⁄2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pam cooking spray, for spraying pan
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 metal pan or jelly roll pan or large cookie sheet with PAM and set aside.
- Combine cereal & pecans in large bowl and set aside.
- In microwave safe bowl combine corn syrup, margarine, & brown sugar. Microwave on high for 1/2 to 1 1/2 minutes until mixture boils.
- Immediately stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Then pour over cereal and pecans, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Stirring every 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan or dump mixture on new cookie sheet to cool faster.
- Break into pieces.
- Makes 10 cups.
Absolutely excellent. We added cinnamon on top at the end which gave it that extra little something something it was missing.