Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chex Mix with a carmel twist I got this recipe from a freind at work and when I tried it at home, it didn't even last the through the next day!
- 4 cups crispy wheat cereal squares
- 4 cups oat squares cereal
- 1 cup pretzel stick
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 375.
- spray a large shallow pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cereal, pretzels, and nuts in a large bowl, then place in shallow pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, bring to a boil. Boil for 4-6 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add baking soda and vanilla. Stir quickly and then pour over cereal mix. Toss cereal mix.
- Bake in oven 10-15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes until set.
- Pour onto alumimnum foil to cool. Break large pieces apart.
- Store in airtight container.
Yummy! Like caramel corn with Chex Mix, etc. I added Bugles for a salty sweet mix. Will make again!
LOVED THIS STUFF!!!! Made it twice this christmas! Nice n easy plus i usually have all the stuff on hand. Omitted nuts and doubled pretzels. I had only boiled liquids for 4 minutes and bake for 15. THANKS for this wonderful recipe that just became my new fav xmas snack!!<br/><br/>update 11-2013: made and used rum or peanut butter extract in place of vanilla. mmmmm!!
Awesome recipe. I used a large box of Chex plus some leftovers from another box. I tripled the sauce. I put everything in a huge pan in the oven and cooked it about three times longer since it was so much. Delicious! Let me tell you, at stores that make this recipe, it sells for about $10 a quart. Delicious! The whole family absolutely loves the stuff.