Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
In ‘750 Best Muffin Recipes’ by Camilla Saulsbury
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the pecans.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on med-high speed, beat brown sugar, cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Beat in buttermilk and vanilla until blended.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Bake in oven for 20-24 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.