Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Being from the South, I have always loved pralines. We made these this morning for breakfast and they were so delish!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Grease 14 to 16 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until lightly browned; remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix cooled melted butter with milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; pour in milk and butter mixture.
- Stir with a fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Lightly blend in chopped pecans.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups or liners, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake praline brown sugar pecan muffins at 375° for about 15 to 20 minutes, until nicely browned; transfer to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
- Let muffins stand until glaze has set.