Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great quick and easy recipe from New Orleans, Louisana "Cajun Cookin' School". Picked up the recipe at their store/kitchen/cafe on my way back from Katrina Hurricane Relief along the Gulf Coast of USA. Has been a great treat for friends with a sweet tooth. LOL Actually my wife loves them too. I Bake'em, bag'em 6 in a bag, and we eat'em, whenever!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Mix all dry ingredients together in small bowl.
- Add melted butter to beaten eggs and then add dry ingredients. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Use metal mini-muffin pans and spray with a non-stick cooking spray for baking or with flour. You MUST use metal pans and non stick spray or muffins will stick in pans.
- Use a tablespoon and spoon each muffun about 3/4 full into muffin pans. Use a second spoon to slide the mix cleanly off.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Gently tap pans upside down and muffins will fall out.
These are the best muffins ever! My entire family love them. They are so easy and quick to make. Definitely one of my favorite desserts!
There's a good reason for using a well-greased metal pan, which I found out when I ran out of pan and used some silicone mini muffin cups for the extra batter. They came out fine and looked nice, but they just didn't have the caramelization and the toasted nut flavor of the ones that were baked in the metal pan. Bake them the right way and these little beasties are ridiculously good! Made for PAC Spring '08.
Took these (got 42 from the mix) to the DS's music recreation group and they were thoroughly enjoyed with just one wee question "HOW DO YOU STOP AT ONE" and the answer "YOU CAN'T - ENJOY". Thank you MadCity Dale. Made for Recipe Swap #13 - February 2008.