Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this one from a neighbor. This recipe is sweet and fattening, but delicious with a Thanksgiving turkey! This will work with fresh cooked sweet potatoes/yams or canned yams.
- 5 cups mashed sweet potatoes (or yams)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened to room temp
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla, eggs and cream; mix well. Spread into prepared casserole dish.
- In a seperate bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon. Mix until crumbly; sprinkle over the mashed sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I made this for Thanksgiving for 17 people all of whom raved about it. It was delicious and I'm now making it for a small dinner party to accompany a grilled pork tenderloin. It's too good to have only once a year. I like the feature that allows you to change the recipe for the number of people eating.