Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from "The Joy of Cookies" by Sharon Tyler Herbst. She says "This incredibly quick and easy recipe is the kind every cook needs for drop-in guests or last-minutes company."
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit. Grease 3 large baking sheets.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white and salt at medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high and add sugar a tablespoon at a time, beating until all the sugar is incorporated (mixture will be thick). Stir in flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nuts. Drop mixture by level teaspoons, 1 1/2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until they are dry and firm on the top. Cook 1 minute on baking sheets. Transfer to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days or freeze for longer storage.
These are fantastic! They taste wonderful and are deadly simple to make. I made a batch last night and ate, well, more than I should have. I didn't chop the pecans fine enough, so I'll do that next time and they'll look better. But if anyone wants a great simple cookie for the holidays, this is it.