Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This is from "The Joy of Cookies" by Sharon Tyler Herbst. She says "This incredibly quick and easy recipe is the kind every cook needs for drop-in guests or last-minutes company."
Top Review by zelizabeth
These are fantastic! They taste wonderful and are deadly simple to make. I made a batch last night and ate, well, more than I should have. I didn't chop the pecans fine enough, so I'll do that next time and they'll look better. But if anyone wants a great simple cookie for the holidays, this is it.
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit. Grease 3 large baking sheets.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white and salt at medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high and add sugar a tablespoon at a time, beating until all the sugar is incorporated (mixture will be thick). Stir in flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nuts. Drop mixture by level teaspoons, 1 1/2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until they are dry and firm on the top. Cook 1 minute on baking sheets. Transfer to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days or freeze for longer storage.