Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really good and different appetizer to serve.
- 14 ounces baby brie cheese (1 round)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Remove packaging and then slice rind from top of cheese round and place on an oven or microwave-safe plate or dish.
- Combine pecans, Kahlua, and brown sugar.
- Spread over the top of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes or just until soft or microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds, just until soft, but not melting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with gingersnaps and slices of red and green pears or apples.
Excellent gourmet dessert for family and company. To make it bit more fancy, I enclosed the Brie in puffed pastry and baked in the oven @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Thanks, K.