1/2 Photos of Praline Ice Cream Cake Sandwiches
2 hrs 30 mins
Take the time to make this, and you will get rave reviews! This is a recipe of love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints praline ice cream
- 1/2 lb light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup praline, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup caramel sauce, warm (store bought)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1ICE CREAM: Line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- 2Spread the ice cream evenly over the pan and cover the ice cream with the plastic wrap. Place the pan in the freezer and freeze about 2 hours until firm.
- 3PRALINES: Mix sugar, salt, evaporated milk and butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until sugar dissolves.
- 4Stir in pecans and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches the soft ball stage. (234 to 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Remove pan from heat and stir rapidly until mixture thickens.
- 5Drop pralines by teaspoonfuls, 1-inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; let cool completely until firmed up. Store in an airtight container.
- 6CAKE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 7Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 8In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla until light and frothy. With the mixer on medium-low, gradually add the egg yolk mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix for about 4 minutes.
- 9In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together. With the mixer running, gradually add the flour and egg whites to the butter mixer. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you mix. Fold in the pralines pieces and rum.
- 10Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour or until golden and firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 11ASSEMBLY: Remove ice cream from the freezer and slice into about ¾ inch slices.
- 12Place one piece of the pound cake in the center of each plate.
- 13Place a slice of the ice cream on top of the cake.
- 14Top the ice cream with the remaining piece of pound cake, forming a sandwich.
- 15Drizzle the entire sandwich with warm caramel sauce. Garnish each sandwich with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Ice Cream Cake Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 356.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
praline ice cream