1/1 Photo of Praline Ice Cream Cake
Melted ice cream is the key ingredient in the batter of this cake. This one's so tender, it almost melts in your mouth. The Praline Sauce is a wonderful added touch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, plus
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- whipped cream, optional
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Remove from the heat.
- 4Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; set aside.
- 5Melt the remaining butter; place in a mixing bowl.
- 6Add ice cream; stir to blend.
- 7Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in the remaining vanilla.
- 8Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to ice cream mixture until combined.
- 9Pour into a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- 10Drizzle with half of the praline sauce.
- 11Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 12Cool on a wire rack.
- 13Add pecans to remaining sauce; spoon over warm cake (sauce will not cover the entire cake top).
- 14Cool in pan.
- 15serve with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 266.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g