Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is flexible enough to vary using either broken peppermint sticks or peanut brittle. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- Stir milk gradually into egg yolks.
- Add sugar and salt; cook in the top of a double boiler until mixture coats the spoon.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Whip cream to very soft peaks (it won't quite hold its shape).
- Add pralines, vanilla and whipped cream.
- Freeze either in an ice cream maker or in the freezer (if using your freezer, stir twice during freezing to prevent large ice crystals from forming).