This recipe is flexible enough to vary using either broken peppermint sticks or peanut brittle. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir milk gradually into egg yolks.
- 2Add sugar and salt; cook in the top of a double boiler until mixture coats the spoon.
- 3Chill thoroughly.
- 4Whip cream to very soft peaks (it won't quite hold its shape).
- 5Add pralines, vanilla and whipped cream.
- 6Freeze either in an ice cream maker or in the freezer (if using your freezer, stir twice during freezing to prevent large ice crystals from forming).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1244.9
- Calories from Fat 788
- Total Fat 87.5 g
- Saturated Fat 52.3 g
- Cholesterol 673.3 mg
- Sodium 339.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 75.5 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: