Recipe by Hey Jude
A delicious fish dish for two that is quick and easy, yet kind of elegant. I've only done this with salmon but I imagine this method would work with any firm-fleshed fish that takes well to broiling. I found this in one of my favorite recipes sources....Sunset.
- 12 ounces boned skinned salmon fillets, cut into 2 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, about
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse salmon and pat dry, then sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp.
- Place salmon on a large baking sheet; broil 6 inches from heat for 6 minutes; with a wide spatula, turn the fillets over and then spoon pecan mixture evenly over fillets and broil again, checking frequently to be sure nuts do not scorch.
- Broil until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in the center of the thickest part, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer fillets to a serving plate with a wide spatula.