Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the Very Virginia cookbook. It is a really easy, great tasting dish that takes the work out of French Toast in the morning. You need to do the first step the night before, I did not include this in the prep or baking time.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and next 3 ingredients and pour half into a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Cover with bread slices, top with remaining egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a glass 13x9x2 inch baking dish, melt 1 stick of butter and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover butter mixture with soaked bread pieces and bake 30-35 minutes until puffed and brown.
- Cut into squares and invert onto plates to serve.
This is a must for our Christmas morning brunches or any other festive occasion. We love it and it is one of our all time favored recipes. You rock, Miss Erin!
Very popular in our family! I think next time I will use more brown sugar, it was a bit too syrupy