Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A make-ahead breakfast or brunch dish. Makes a good tasting dish. As a shortcut, the butter, sugar, syrup and pecans may be microwaved for 30 seconds
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 slices French bread (3/4-inch slices)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine first 4 ingredients, whisking until blended.
- Pour 1 cup egg mixture into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Place bread in dish; pour remaining eggs over the bread.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar and syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over bread slices and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set and golden.
Very good recipe. The entire family loved the taste. It was the first time we ever had french toast cooked in the oven. It went really well with crispy bacon and maple syrup.
I made two pans of this - one for my boys for breakfast and one I sent to work with my USMC husband. The kids loved theirs and my husband said the entire double recipe pan was gone in 10 minutes at work. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting.
This was sooooooo good. My whole family gobbled it down. I was looking for a butter pecan frnch toast but stopped here glad I did.