Recipe by Miss Annie
A make-ahead breakfast or brunch dish. Makes a good tasting dish. As a shortcut, the butter, sugar, syrup and pecans may be microwaved for 30 seconds
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 slices French bread (3/4-inch slices)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients, whisking until blended.
- Pour 1 cup egg mixture into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Place bread in dish; pour remaining eggs over the bread.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar and syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over bread slices and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set and golden.